Tuesday, February 14, 2006

A Question for Miss Gay-Manners

I received an email that made me feel very icky today. It is also validation for all those people who say things like "I don't post my face here" on hook-up sites.

It was sent to my "trick" email (the one I use exclusively for personal ads) by someone who saw me and my naked pix on a hook-up site.

The part that made it creepy is that it was from someone I used to work with who recognized me.

It went something like this:

Dear Bart,

Hey, how are you? I saw your ad on blahblahblah. I really like it. Do you still work at blahblahblah? Call me some time: xxx-xxx-xxxx.

---Creepy


Is it me, or do you not communicate with someone you know professionally this way? Especially when you have my work email.

It is also completely evident that he wants to blow me: "I really like it, call me some time" being code for "I want to suck your big dick."

Now, he's not bad looking in the least and the thought of this is actually giving me a hard-on as I write, but there's still something creepy about the whole thing. I guess it kind of reminds me of this false sense of anonymity you have on the Internet.

I think ultimately it is creepy because of the way he handled it. What I mean is, I think it would be much sexier if he had contacted me through other means and come on to me, never letting me know that he had seen me naked beforehand.

The funny thing is I had a rehearsal for this just about a year ago. Someone else I knew from a job long ago who I still had kept in professional contact with sent me the same kind of email only his was not looking for a hook-up and was more like this:

Dude!

Cool profile on xxxxxxx. I had no idea you had such a loooong dick, lol. What's going on? Where working? Still with xxxxx?

Later,

Inappropriate


Now, that guy was always a bit weird which I attribute to his being Canadian as many Canadians,in my experience, are socially odd. Still, it creeped me out.

I also should clarify that neither one of these guys had ads on these sites which makes it even more imbalanced. If they did, it would be a bit more level.

I have seen a few people whom I know in real life naked online. A guy in my old building. A guy from my old gym. A spinning instructor from my old gym. But I would never email them like that because I think it just makes people uncomfortable to know that they are exposed like that.

Like I said, new understanding for those people who do not post face. The only reason I still do is because I'm horny a lot and it's an effective way of hooking-up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home