Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Imette


The Bouncer

The circumstantial evidence is adding up for this guy, big time. That poor girl. I can kind of relate to her. I was thinking about this a lot and came to the conclusion that a really big factor in her death was alcohol. We're not going to hear about stuff like this until the trial, but I bet she was a binge drinker. I mean, I can relate to making bad decisions because you want to keep drinking. She and her friend were hanging at a bar and her friend said she thought Imette had 4 rum and cokes. That probably means 6. Then at 3AM her friend took a cab home and Imette declined. She wanted to stay out drinking alone. Her friend lives right near her. The only reason you want to stay out drinking alone is because you need to keep drinking. You can't stop. I've been there. So she supposedly had 2 more drinks at The Falls. Her judgement was impaired plus people who have moved to NYC in the last 10 years have no street smarts because they are accustomed to a Disney-fied New York. Even when I used to drink like a fish and stumble home, I was always hyper-aware because I am a product of 70s and 80s New York. Bernie Goetz New York. So this guy got his hands on her and the only real question now is can the NYPD make it stick. I hope so.

1 Comments:

Blogger mickeyitaliano said...

it's weird man...we have this synchronistic thing going on. This is something I was dwelling on all morning, the alcohol. In Rehab the word that couples it is 'incidious' (sp?). Nuff said.

10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home