Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Looking for Mr. Goodbar


One of my favorites

When the hell is this movie coming out of litigation and getting onto DVD? This is one of my favorite movies of all time. Diane Keaton was magnificent and Tuesday Weld and the rest of the cast was first-rate. I read the book (by Judith Rossner) in 7th grade and have seen the movie about 6 times since the 80s. I never tire of it. Even the soundtrack is memorable. I think it is completely unappreciated and was lambasted by critics when it came out as being trash but it is one of the most honest movies and touches on so many interesting subjects through one woman's sexual awakening. Love it and can't wait until it's "back."

2 Comments:

Blogger Leo Tolstoy said...

I am with you on this one, I loved this movie too! I am such a fan of Diane Keaton, and wtf ever happened to Richard Gere and his sexiness? I think as he has gotten older, he has totally lost it and he is just rather 'yuck' now to watch on the big screen.

10:19 PM  
Blogger Glynn said...

I am totally with you on this. This was, and is, an awesome movie. I cannot wait for it to come out on DVD. Very cool blog by the way, I have thoroughly enjoyed reading it.

9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home