Thursday, February 23, 2006

Girls in Their 30s

I have this beautiful friend named Carly. I met her about a year ago. She was in a class I was taking. There were about 40 people in the class and I noticed her right away because she was stunning and kind of aloof and dressed really well. I pictured her being the trophy wife or girlfriend of some Wall Street guy.

I have always been attracted to the "most beautiful boy/girl" in the class type, especially if they are aloof, so I decided to befriend her.

One day she was wearing these sickly-expensive purple shoes and I told her I liked her shoes. That's all it took. Soon after we were sitting next to one another.

Anyway, as usual, my assumptions were wrong. No Wall Street Sugar Daddies for her. She was single and looking. Never married. No kids. about 3-4 significant relationships under her belt. She was 38 but looked 8-10 years younger and keeps mum about her age until the relationship progresses.

Now, this sounds like so many women I know. They all profess to want to be in a relationship and have a family but none of them do. They all are extremely picky, at least in my opinion.

I literally know six women like this. They run the socio-ethnic-economic gamut but they are all kinda hot in their own ways.

I truly think with some of them that they just don't want what they think they want or else they would have it already:

What I mean is, a lot of these women have had serious relationships, even proposals, but have walked away for a variety of reasons. They have made a choice. As anyone who has ever been married will tell you, you make a choice and it is hard and many times over the years you wonder if you made the right choice and what "could have been" but you make a choice to get married and have a family.

I know I am speaking very generally here and this certainly does not apply to everyone, but I just feel that some of my friends would be better off if they just pulled back and thought a little bit.

Look at "N." She was right up there with the rest of the girls when she had an epiphany: I want a baby more than a husband.

I think among my female friends there are some that want:
-Sex more than a husband and family
-Travel and Companionship more than a husband and a family
-Career/Power more than a husband and a family

And there is nothing wrong with that. People just need to figure out what makes them happy and try to achieve it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home