Wednesday, February 15, 2006

A Visit to the Sperm Bank

"N" is someone I have been friends with since 7th grade. She is extremely successful in her career yet has never married. A few years ago she made some rumblings about just having a baby but never mentioned it again. She comes from a very traditonal family and has extremely married and fertile siblings so I felt that she could not reconcile doing something non-traditional.

Anyway, "N" told me her secret. She's 12 weeks pregnant. She thought long and hard and went to the good old sperm bank and looked in the man catalog. She found someone appropriate and he even had enough sperm for her to add a sibling down the road.

I'm so proud of her. She had developed into such a semi-bitter person the last few years and this is going to invigorate her. I'm very, very happy for her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home