Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Bond and Hammer


Valerie Leon

As anyone who knows me knows, I always had a thing for obscure starlets from the 50s through the 70s. Nowhere could you find more obscure starlets than in the James Bond and Hammer Studios films, particularly when Bond films were more British as opposed to "global."

Anyway, there's a site I found tonight that I like that actually aggregates all of the Bond girls, not just the leads. But the sitemaster does lose a point or two for leaving Julie Ege out of "On Her Majesty's Secret Service."

I'm also surprised to find that a good deal of these women actually have their own sites, including Valerie Leon. Valerie, like Martine Beswicke, appeared in more than one Bond film as well as Hammer films.

2 Comments:

Blogger mickeyitaliano said...

Bart;
Another similarity between us...not so much 'Bond Girls' with me. As a kid I would spend a couple of hours in Walden Books leafing through Hollywood Encyclopedias for bio's on obscure actresses I had an affinity for.
Nova (Linda Harrison) from "Planet of the Apes" (1968), everything Tina Louise, Yvonne Craig (Batgirl),ect...

10:24 AM  
Blogger Bart said...

Really? Cool--I liked Nova, too and every time "Barbara Gordon" was on Batman you just knew it would be a good day...

10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home