Saturday, February 25, 2006

Home Improvements

Today I was really good and did all these home projects that I have been putting off. Like, I will not bore you, but my forced air grill covers are really ugly and cheap and the originals are long gone except for two rooms where they are painted over. They are all different sizes and some have built-in louvers that still work and some have no louvers and it is such a headache. I had some custom floor grills made out of necessity in November (as there would have been two holes in the floor) but they cost a fortune.

So today, I measured all of them and ordered 5 since my favorite home store, Rejuvenation, finally began carrying them.

I also finally dealt with this really complicated kitchen window insofar as taking a million measurements and ordering a window treatment.

I have been having a helluva time redoing my bathroom since every store in the world that sells Medicine Cabinets and Wall Cabinets that I like and can afford (Restoration Hardware, Pottery Barn, etc.) seems to be sold out indefinitely. There is such a hole in the market for items like that that cost around $200-$400. All of them are sold out! My only option is to buy something for double that I don't even like or buy something for under $100 which is crap and out of the question. So I guess I have to wait until "May 6th" which is the back order date. Stores must lose so much money this way.

The only thing I put off doing was cleaning the furnace's filter.

This morning I went to the gym for about 2 hours. As I have said before, Saturday is my "bonus" day at the gym so of course I do chest and biceps. The crowd there is still gruff and unfriendly and unneccessarily Alpha Male to me. But I catch them looking to see what I do. Fuck 'em, none of 'em even know how to lift, lol.

I saw one guy later on the stretching mats who I think is on the same team. He checked me out way too fast but I think all of these guys are so afraid of getting beaten up that they don't know how to cruise and I can't help it that they assume I'm some straight guido like everyone else. Anyway, it was his loss because I got a total hard on in my shorts and it was completely obvious. If someone is checking me out it turns me on and I get hard then they look more and I get harder. In Manhattan it usually meant a blow-job in the steam room. In Brooklyn it usually means I have a hard-on then it goes down by itself. Bummer.

4 Comments:

Blogger mickeyitaliano said...

Bart;
Re: The Hard On on the Mat

In West Hollywood or for that matter most of LA, you would have been pinned down and taken care of on the spot.
I personally like the Brooklyn way the best. The build up and anticipation is what gets me hard in the first place. I use to have George Costanza "pool" issues (shrinkage!) when I would go to my gym in LA where everybody was a freaking 'Cruisey Suzie'. By the way, I was walking around early for work (remember that thing!)and I saw this great bathroom window display. I'd like to say it was Glorious Home but not sure. 74th and 2nd is the locale. It's not often I stop and admire windows, but they had some very cool and unique looking bathroom stuff, including different medicine cabnits.

Later,
Mickey

12:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would love to pin you down!!!

9:50 PM  
Blogger Bart said...

thanks mickey i forgot about that place...

11:38 PM  
Blogger Bart said...

hmmmm mf, i thought u were sending me some pics ;-0

11:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home