Sunday, April 16, 2006

Weekend

That guy I was talking to at work? The young cute-ish one? This is funny: Friday I'm hanging out by the reception desk and he walks by and one of the reception gals asks him if his "father is driving in today." He said something like "I don't think so."

I was thinking, what? Who cares about his father. Then it hit me. He has the same last name as the CEO. The CEO is his father.

I had this totally pukey feeling for a second like maybe I had said something to him the day before like "That CEO is an asshole, eh?" Of course I didn't but I still felt pukey imagining if I had. So, suffice to say I am keeping away from him.

On another note...Friday the office was closing at 3. I had been working on this really kick-ass proposal since I started that was due Monday. Since I started I was told it was due electronically. I was taking one final look at RFP and saw, clear as day: "Due Monday 4/17. Hard copies only."

I'm going to cut to the chase on this one. My first instinct was to ignore it which I probably would have done 5 years ago since I knew it would fuck up my day. But instead I felt like I had worked my ass off and I was not going to risk the prospect rejecting it.

But, shit. Nobodys want to hear bad news especially when it's Good Friday and half the world is closed/closing early and the top brass did not even come in. So Bart here worked his ass off and got people who did not want to work to work and even with people in remote locations who don't even know me yet and got this whole thing done and put to bed by 6:00. The funny thing is, nobody seemed to care. My immediate boss seemed more concerned with the CEO's reaction. But the good thing is, I cared and I did it and it made me happy.

Politics. I tell ya, this place is filled with them.

The weekend was cool. I saw my Mom and Dad they were good except my mother cooks two times a year: xmas and easter and wow, is she a bad cook. It's kind of funny and I don't really mind it's just such a burden to eat.

I also went to Home Depot and bought some flood lights and also checked out grills to buy but I'm not going to buy it for a few weeks because I'm still not sure whether I want gas or charcoal. Charcoal is cool and tastes better but I want to grill every night and grill fast.

When I was waiting for these slow Southern chick in my main office to email me these files on Friday I was calling all these people to kill time and I called my friend who I stood up a few weeks ago. She was fine with the stand up. I like her a lot but she does not get that going out in Manhattan on a weeknight is like a royal pain in the ass for me now between Brooklyn and work. Some people don't even understand where Brooklyn is on the map.

Good news: I recovered all the files on my hard drive from my old computer. Best Buy wanted to charge me something like $300 to do this. But my friend Stephen who is this tech guy said to buy an external hard drive cover. It was so cool. It was $30 and I popped the hard drive out of my old tower, popped it into the new device, USB'd it to the new tower and Voila! A magic new drive showed up on my new system. I am psyched because I have tons of files there plus really good pics of me.

I totally need garden help. The front and the back. It is looking so ghetto. Maybe this week I will post some pix of it.

But I need to get ready for bed again. Oh, I might have to go to Virginia next week for work. I'm so annoyed they are going to start making me travel. I hate business travel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home