Saturday, December 09, 2006

Xmas Party

So I've been totally consumed by work since Thanksgiving. It's as if every client all of a sudden has money to burn, everyone wants a proposal, it's very annoying. Most annoying is this huge government bid which I do not want to do which somehow my boss has decided he wants to do/does not want to do/wants to do/does not want to do, now wants to do again. Officially. This sucks because it is going to eat me alive. I asked my in-name only boss for the week between Xmas and New Yrs off and he said let me get back to you, which means no.

But all this bitching aside, now that I have been here for about 9 months I am happy to say it sia great fit. I love the CEO of my company, I really do. We had an Xmas party Friday and I ended sitting up next to him and when we did the whole lame secret santa thing it turned out he got me and I got him which was so weird in itself but also weird because we more or less got each other the same gift. He also wrote on my card "To Bart, of wit and wisdom." So, I like that he cared enough to write something like that (and he clearly knows me fairly well--my ego speaks with and wisdom) and I feel like getting some insight into what goes on in his mind is good. I've said it before I'll say it again---I will have the opportunity to run this company some day which is so fucked up.

Other news? The future CEO here scared one of the admin people (I think I scared her) because she was talking about how she had 37 (of 40) Vicodin languishing in her med cabinet because she did not need it (?????) or like it (??????) from when she ahd he hand surgery so I casually offered to buy it. She seemed a little freaked. Kids today. I really hope she comes ot her senses.

My friend Xtina wrote me a text message of typical nature: "I brought home an Egyptian last night! Did you ever (sleep with an Egyptian)?"

I realized today that I have a whole basement that can be redone and the possibilities left me dizzy. Of course the Colombian woman who cuts my hair and is also a Queens slum lord shamed me into renting my basement (lie) so she thinks or else she would ask me every time I had my hair cut and cluck when I said no.

Anyway, I am tired. I have been working out like crazy. Not cardio. I'm going through this strength he-man barrel chest lift a car phase these days. It's fun. I am now up to about 183 which is wild. But it makes me exhausted and hungry.

2 Comments:

Blogger mickeyitaliano said...

Hey Bart;
It's really cool and refreshing to hear of someone who likes their job and their boss (especially the Big Boss). This seemed like it was your year Mister. Despite the job searching woes that you had the first coupla months of 06'. Which must seem like eons now.
You provide me with glimmers or hope.

That was funny w/ the vico's and the admin asst.

1:03 AM  
Blogger Bart said...

Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus.

I swear to God I pinch myself at how lucky I am after 5 years of hell. It's enough to get me all Catholic and shit. You'll be fine.

10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home