Monday, November 13, 2006

Culture of Secrecy

It exists at my job. Lots of closed doors and hushed activity. It is alright when I am behind the door but not when I am outside.

Anyway, I am an expert at reading behavior and tomorrow there is a meeting that I am concerned about. It is being called by this girl who is parallel to me but who is calling it because my boss asked her to no doubt because his boss (CEO) asked him to. I am concerned it is going to be something like: Bart, you are reporting to Sara now. This makes no sense for about 250 reasons. Sara is basically a traffic manager, a collector of reports, a nudger. Yet the CEO adores her. It is a strange environment where someone who nudges efficiently is respected more than someone who has brilliant (and profitable) ideas. Yes, that would be me.

Now, I could be wrong and I hope I am, because if I am right I am going to very calmly say why I am unhappy with this set up. I hope I'm wrong because I like it here and want to be appreciated but if something like this happens it clearly illustrates that I have no future here.

I can't wait to read my blog tomorrow...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home