Monday, November 13, 2006

Schadenfraude!

So, I need to remember that if you wait long enough, karma will catch up with you.

There was this guy I was in love with/went out with/had first boy-boy sex with in high school. Long horrible story and I've written about it somewhere here before. Anyway, although it has been decades since our painful breakup and he should have nothing to do with me, for some reason he always seems to end up a few people away from me. It's a demi-monde thing, you know, like the people who all have jobs in media or wall street, you can ever really escap people. But still. I hear 2 1/2 yrs ago that he is living with/buying an apartment with a guy I kind of know but the guy is best friends with someone in a group my best friend knows. I have partied with these people before. Too close for comfort. Plus, I'm jealous in some fucked up way---ya know, they're living some shallow gay life of coops and St. Bart's and Heidi Slimane. But still, I'm skeptical because as far as I know they are both bottoms. I mean my HS BF was such a bottom he used to stick tootpaste tubes up his ass. Well, I hear things once in a while such as how he's always asking about me. And I know he's not asking cause he pines for me, he's asking in a competitive way. In high school, he was the first and last person to ever ask me how much my father makes. Ew. Did not know then and still don't. He was incredulous. I have no doubt I have been googled by him.

Anyway---breaking news---literally---they broke up. My friend is getting the whole pathetic story. And me? I was kind of pleased to hear the news. I think I was pleased because somebody told me that this gruesome twosome was making fun of another girl we know who is unfabulous but very sincere and it is just so juvenile to talk about people like that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home