Friday, March 24, 2006

Friday

I'm psyched this week is over. I'm beat. Today I went for a dental cleaning and the hygienist reprimanded me for not flossing enough. I hate flossing. Then I went back downtown to get my haircut and the woman who cuts me hair was sick so someone else cut it and it looks better than usual. It always looks better than usual when someone else cuts it.

Then I went to my office and the twerp tech guy still has not repaired my Outlook so it can once again sync with my Palm. All I care about is getting my contact list back on Palm. I hate these tech guys. None of them would have even had jobs 10 years ago. What they do is generally easy and everyone treats them like stars and panders to them. Half the time they just reboot.

Then I walked over to Magnolia to pick up some cupcakes for my nephew since he was coming over. Fucking Magnolia. It is no great shakes and there was a line of like 25 stupid tourists waiting to get in. There should be a line for locals and a line for tourists. People are such cattle.

So I skipped Magnolia. I had heard about Billy's but I wasn't sure where it was so I called 411, connected and pressed Billy's prompt for address. "184 Ninth Avenue." Well, where the fuck is that? So I called again and got a real person and asked for the address and would you believe this dumb queen sort of said in a sing-song voice, "It's 194 Ninth between 21st and 22nd, Now why didn't you just use the voice prompt?" He said it all half friendly but you know he really wanted to be full-out snotty. I hate people like that. Just be full-out snotty. What a pussy. So I said "Because 194 Ninth Avenue means nothing to me, nor to most anyone else." Then he said, "The streets are on the recording, I recorded it myself."

Of course they are not. I even called again later to check.

So, big achievement, like a big boy, I let it go. I said "Thank you very much" and hung up. In the past I would have picked a fight. But what a dumb queen. Someone's calling your stupid bakery and you have to give them attitude?

Anyway, I went to stupid Billy's and bought a dozen $1.75 cupcakes (all of which turned out to be on the stale side, thanks Billy.)

Then I went to ugly hideous Penn Station and bemoaned the loss of the original beautiful Penn Station as usual. The original Penn Station made Grand Central look ghetto and was quietly torn down in the mid-60s before New Yorkers had a chance to do anything about it.

Well, I got to the track just as my boy was getting off the train. He is 18 now and so handsome and so tall and so nice and mature. We took the train into Brooklyn, had dinner and talked for a while then some Upper East Side chick he knows sent a car down here to pick him up and take him back to her place. That's my boy, dating rich people is always better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home