Sunday, August 20, 2006

Parents

My mother and father finally consented to see me after about 4 weeks. I was very patient but it is evident to me that they have crossed some threshold into old age/irrationality.

Everything is slowly getting better however my mother told me two things of interest:

1-"If it was not for your father, I would have cut you out of my life."
2-She saw her grandson after 10 years and said he resembled me and she felt that "She had lost one but gained another."

I don't even feel like going into this, except to say that I feel like I am in that Twilight Zone episode where the guy wakes up and his wife does not know him, they don't know him at his job, etc. She clearly had some kind of a break as I did nothing whatsoever to her besides write her an email where I said something snotty about my brother who deserves much more than mere snottiness...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home