Monday, July 31, 2006

Vacation

I just spent 4 days with some relatives who have a house in Cape Cod. I've been visiting them nearly every summer for 10 or 11 years. It's nice, very mellow, but the drive kills me. Near 6 hours. The weather was great. I scored some Oxy Contin from an uncle who has shingles and never takes his painmeds. Drive is worth it for that.

I still have not resolved things with my mother and father. They are not ready to see me. They are insane.

I got a residual from a TV commercial today that I had forgotten all about. I did not think it ever ran. It is funny because I went to the call as a lark with my friend George and they ended up testing me. George was pissed. He's Greek and has a big nose. He needs to grow up. It's also funny because all these people in my main office in Atlanta asked me if I used to be an actor. It's not because I am good looking or anything, it's because I volunteered to ad lib on stage and was at ease. I said "I'm not an actor but I am an exhibitionist," but I don't know if they got it.

For the first time I noticed all these old married men who I have chatted with on the Cape for years are old queens. How many gay married-to-women closeted men are there anyway? I think more than gay out men. It's creepy.

Anyway, I'm going to buy a big fancy stove with my check. Thermador or Viking or something. Aren't they de riguer? Or maybe I should get something for my parents. Yeah, don't think so.

Did I ever mention that I met Peggy Lipton in 1988 and she was one of the warmest, nicest people I ever connected with? And very beautiful, too. I saw her on something talking about Quincy Jones tonight and was reminded. They had just split and it was right before Twin Peaks and she was so vulnerable and sweet.

I finally saw The Nomi Song. Made me wistful for 1979-1983. I was literally a kid then but hyper aware of that scene as that was the scene I so wanted to be in. You know when you are too young to party and have your nose pressed against the glass? That's how it was for me. I guess I'm lucky I'm not 5 years older or I would probably be dead.

Nomi Song was cool and as usual I saw multiple Madge inspirations. She was around then soaking it all up.

I got home today and it was so hot and I was kinda horny. I went out looking for trouble in a 'is he a straight Guido or a big built fag?' keep 'em guessing kinda ensemble. Didn't find any though. I tell ya, when I'm in a mood like this you just have to look at me for an extra beat and you'll get me. I'm so easy.

1 Comments:

Blogger mickeyitaliano said...

Hey Bart; that second to last sentence made me crack up.

When my boyfriend Brian would go on go-see's I would go with him. One time they hired 'my calves' for a Coors commercial; walking through fake snow. He got 'Bugle Boy' that same day so he was not pissed at me that much.
Buy the Viking...not for pretensions but because of the added value to the house and you can make all the guidette neighbor chicks want you for when they tell their hubby's they want a 2 on 1.

11:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home