Friday, December 15, 2006

Train Girl

Tonight I was riding the train home when I picked up on some guy and girl having some conversation behind me. When she sat down I saw half her face and recognized her. It was this girl who was a trainer at my gym 2 gyms ago. I probably last saw her 2 1/2 years ago. It was so weird because I am good at names but not good at faces and she was so peripheral in my life as to almost not even exist. I remember being introduced to her in a polite way by another trainer I knew well. She was kind of dismissive which so many people in sales, are which is so pathetic. But I do remember observing her because she had that way of being loud that the insecure/those craving attention have and she still had it on the train. I remember watching her a few years ago start a convo with a black male trainer about how mad she was she lost her 50 Cent CD and a light bulb going off in my head: she doesn't give a shit about fitty, she just wants to let this guy know she wants him to fuck her, it's code, that's what she's about. Then I remember thinking she was getting fat but it turned out she was pregnant and I heard one of the trainers knocked her up but she was all happy about it.

So here she was on the train still loud, carrying bags of toys home "for her son," and talking about training and splits and commission and cuts and someone 37 being really old and I'm surprised she didn't use the term "baby daddy" but maybe she knew better. She had no idea who I was which was fine but it was weird being inches away from someone whom I knew so much about and she had no idea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home