Tuesday, January 23, 2007

This week.

I am seeing my old boss tomorrow for coffee as she is in the city. I have not seen her in 2 years and she is in for a meeting and invites me and I agree and then she tells me she has half an hour. Cunt. She cannot even take an earlier train in? Meanwhile, I leave my job nearly every day to go on an "appointment" (AKA the gym) and she is cutting into my gym time. All she's gonna do is bitch about her psycho son anyway. I used to think she was the smartest businessperson I knew. Now I have surpassed her and think back on all these meetings she lead where she wasted 20 minutes playing the name game with potential clients trying to establish her tech cred. What a waste of time. The more meetings I go on the more I realize: just listen and respond appropriately, ask questions, stroke their egos, don't be afraid to say something risky, and just go in there wanting to learn something. My old boss is kind of like my parents. Speaking of which they are certifiably insane. My mother now asks me every time I see her if I "drink milk." And my father asks me every time I see him (for the last 10 years) if I get the NY Times delivered.

I'm taking Friday off. I never take days off. I am psyched. I have a client's thousand buck a plate gala to go to Thursday and I am going as a guest and taking two guests gratis then taking a car service home.

I went to Artisanal with three friends the other night. It was fine. The server kind of sucked. It was so dark and the menu was so tiny I swear to God I needed that old people magnifying light like on TV. I ate an entire Fondue (serves 1-3 people thanks)but the fish soup was rather ghastly. I was not that impressed. And there were these people next to me that were acting like me in 1986 if I got into Nells: we're so cool to be here. Uh, it's a restaurant.

I'm feeling jejune, post-post, above it all. I just want to nest. I'm ordering a new Baker chair Friday. And I am harassing ABC for carpet samples. For the stairs. They are grim. I got a new rug for the bedroom as well. I'm not wealthy but I play a wealthy person on Television. My contractor has 5gs of mine though and is not returning my call. For new windows. Marvin. The best. But in the front only for now. Can't be extravagant.

God, I have not had a drink or a pill yet this year. And it's almost February. Maybe Friday on my day off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home