Thursday, February 16, 2006

Topher Grace


Traffic

I really like Topher Grace. I first noticed him in “Traffic” where he was so good as the prep school kid who gets in way over his head with drugs. He’s the kind of actor that seems to not let his ego drive him, which is really charming.

I enjoyed “In Good Company” and “Win a Date with Tad Hamilton” primarily because of Topher and “P.S.” because of Laura Linney and Topher. Movies like “Ocean’s Eleven” and “Twelve” make me barf so I skipped them.

I understand Topher has been shooting the third Spider Man sequel which is cool because that’s just about the only movie franchise I have enjoyed since 70s James Bond.

I always had a thing for Connecticut prep school boys and that is exactly what Topher was. His father is advertising legend John Grace who founded Interbrand and now has a brand consulting firm called Brand Taxi. Of all the disciplines under marketing, I enjoy branding most. It is the most widely misunderstood, even by marketers, and the most powerful. Long after John Grace, I interviewed at Interbrand for 2 positions in a one year period. Their HR people were the worst. Hostile, jaded, arrogant and filled with questions like “What makes you think you’re Interbrand material?” Meanwhile, they hadn’t done anything impactful in years.

Anyway, back to Topher. I never really watched much of “That 70s Show” but have been catching up with it in reruns. The whole cast is pretty good, especially Topher. I think he has a big, long career ahead of him. He really does remind me of a young Henry Fonda. He seems to smart to want to spend his whole life acting, though. I bet he ends up doing something more entrepreneurial.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home