Sunday, May 21, 2006

I Miss My Friends Here

All two of them, anyway.

I want to make more time for posting but two things have been stopping me: one is sheer exhaustion and two is, I have felt a little funny. The kind of funny like my first semester at a college I later left where sometime around Halloween I missed a few classes then some more and before I knew it I had stopped going and my only choice was to drop out. Like that.

Then I realized that this is not school and I'm not paying for it and it should not give me stress but pleasure.

Anyway, I do miss my two friends.

Some recent things that have happened to me:

1) I borrowed a car, went to a nice nursery and made my front and back yard look nice. Michael would be proud of me. It's amazing how cheap stuff like dirt and wood bark is.

2) A guy at work told a story about how a swiss designer was commissioned to design a pen for Adolf Hitler and he designed the famous Mont Blan with the white cap signifying Mont Blanc but it was his har-de-har-har cuz he meant for it to be a Star of David. Not true. Nice if it would be but that pen was designed in 1914 when Adolf was a young man painting watercolors. They guy was not happy with my telling him the story was not true. Just an urban legend of sorts. This is the kind of guy who believes phishing emails...

3) I got laid and it was alright. He was neither 19 nor 48 and bald but he still did the trick.

4) I bought a big grill and have been cooking outdoors a lot. Everything tastes better.

5) My custom-made air vent covers finally came after 12 weeks and I installed them. Like everything else I have done in this house, they look subtley better. Nothing dramatic.

6) I can't tell if my bosses at work love me and think I'm amazing or hate me and think I'm a know-it-all. I try really hard not to be a know-it-all. It is hard for me.

7) I took my friend Christina to a really expensive dinner at Patsy's. We had a great time and a great bottle of wine. She's so hot. I felt so straight. They told me on the phone they were booked until 10 but I knew they would see her and let us in so we walked by and inquired. Sure enough...Men do things for her all the time. Even gay men. She has a TV prostitute who lives in her building. Her name is Chrissi and she runs ads. She hates my friend Christina. Probably because they have the same name only my friend Christina is the only one with a real cunt. I told her never to get in the elevator with her alone like in "Dressed to Kill."

8) My parents are tiring me out. Tonight I had to listen to my Mom on the phone talk about these 13 boxes of LPs of my Dad's in storage and did I want them. I said you asked me the same thing 12 years ago and I took 25 and called it a day. I thought he was selling them? They make me crazy. Meanwhile they are supposed to be getting their condo ready to sell and it looks like the Collyer brothers live there.

9) I made a budget to pay off my debt. My debt's not as bad as Chloe Sevigny's, but it's bad.

10) I'm sorry Paul McCartney and whatshername are splitting up. They were so freaky and rich together. He was so whipped and so craving that one legged sex with her, never have I seen a man so guided by lust.

Anyway, I have to got to sleep as usual.

On another note, if you like dogs, read M. Gladwell's piece in last week's NY'er about the dog trainer, it's amazing. I think Gladwell is a hack but I still like to read his articles.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well it's about time. I was beginning to think aliens took you or some trick tied you up and left you stranded.

Posts pictures of your gardens, I'd like to see them.

I'm sure your boss thinks you're a know it all, but probably likes you anyway.

It's a parents job to drive you crazy, my mother could get on anyones nerves.

It sounds like you are doing fine and really like your job, I'm glad. My life sucks right now, but this is about you, not me.

Post more often, I missed you, stop being dramatic, it doesn't take that much time to update.

11:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home