Friday, June 09, 2006

Sopranos

I am enjoying the Sopranos this season (or as some say, The SoPRAHnos, c'mon, pronounce it like a Guinea, not like fucking Madge for crissakes)but I think David Chase has a secret mission: get us to hate the show so we will not miss it when it is gone.

What I mean is this year more than ever I am seeing the ugliness and violence and selfishness of these people. All of them. I feel like Chase is doing tough love on the audience, telling us it's time to stop watching, get outta the house and get a job.

This season has been vile. They are all a bunch of animals. I can't believe when I was in high school and went out with the mafia princess (who's Dad had a separate house for his collection of 30 cars, no kidding) I used to daydream about being mafia boy. Of course all mafia dads want their girls to marry doctors but that's another story.

Anyway, a lot of dumb fucks out there still fantasize about the life. I don't. I don't know what I fantasize about actually. Now that I have a job I like and am making some money I will probably focus on something shallow like getting really cut again. I dunno. I am feeling nostalgic.

My nephew graduated from HS today and there are lots of proms in my 'hood tonight. It makes me reminisce about proms and senior year and beach trips and hanging and partying and friends and and most importantly the mix of fear excitement and anticipation of the future.

My future seems fairly predictable right now and that is kind of boring. I don't know. I guess I have always been looking for something or someone to make me lose control and become irresponsible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home