Monday, February 12, 2007

The Police

I liked seeing The Police on the grammys. And Prince on the Superbowl. Maybe aging isn't so bad after all? Times are different today. With videos and pop culture and zillions of channels shows/songs/groups never fade away. Kids can have the same references as their parents. In the 70s there was nothing creepier to me than 50s music. Happy Days was a fun show except for the music. Somehow, I think it's different today. Kids can't embrace 80s music because you get emotional attachments to music you first heard as a kid/teen/20s but I doubt they think it's creepy. But I loved the Police. And Stewart C. Cute. I still listen to DSSCTM and Can't stand losing you on my ipod. I remember in 8th grade my friend reinventing me and telling me I needed "to wear baseball jerseys and listen to The Police." I went to their big concert in '83 and my friend's little sister got her first period there. Can you imagine? Joan Jett opened for the police and REM opened for Joan Jett. Nobody listene. We called REM rem. I was so high I imagine. Loved the police.

1 Comments:

Blogger mickeyitaliano said...

I was at the same show Bart...I baught the sleeveless 'Synchcronicity' t-shirt...

1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home